Friday, July 5, 2013

New BCA Team Members

A giant welcome to the new members of the BCA family! We are so happy to have you ladies with us and look forward to collaborating with you on many future designs.

Please help us welcome our new designers by visiting their Facebook pages and showing them some love. Please let them know that BCA sent you.

We have 5 ladies that joined us recently, let's learn more about them, shall we?

 
 

Melanie of Melbows Place
How did you get started: For years my husband and I struggled with infertility.  After hearing from friends and their journey with adoption, we decided to sign up to foster/adopt kiddos.  Six months into it a worker brought us our daughter, Bekah.  She was 2 months old, beautiful and pretty much bald!  It seemed like every outfit I bought her looked better with a HUGE bow.  Well, that got pretty expensive quick.  So, I decided to make a few on my own and then asked my mom, Becky for help!  It seemed like the more we made, the more people would ask us where we got them.  We decided to do a few craft fairs, met some cool people, was introduced to Facebook and Etsy.  After that, my mom and I knew this was something we would like to do for Bekah and others that were tired of paying $15 a bow! 
What inspires you: My daughter inspires me.  When I make her a bow for a special event or just because, her smile makes it worth it!  Even those last minute 2 am creations! 
 
The most obvious thing about our business is it has my nickname, MeI in it!  I never watched Melrose Place, back in the day, but thought it was kind of catchy, so that's how we came up with Melbows Place.  But, y'all probably figured that out!   I also have a day job!  I have been a nurse for over 12 years.  I work full time doing triage for a local hospice company.  I have been married for 14 years to a very supportive husband.  We have 3 kiddos, Levi 10, Bekah 6 and Jacob 2.  My life is super busy, but every minute is worth it. 
 
 
Thank you so much for letting us get to know you! See more from Melbows Place by visiting Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/MelbowsPlace
 
Up next we have....
 
Cathie of Cherry Valley Kids
 
I live in Huffman, Texas a small town outside of Houston.  I have been sewing since high school off and on but added embroidery in 2000 when my youngest daughter was 4 and started cheerleading.  I bought a home embroidery machine and put her on name on everything she owned and it grew from there.  
 
 
My kids and grandkids inspire me and now I sew for nieces and great nieces and even friends kids. With all of the new awesome patterns these days, I have fallen in love with ruffles!  Matching applique tops complete the outfit and make them one-of-a-kind.
 
 
Thank you so much for letting us get to know you! See more from Cherry Valley Kids by visiting Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/CherryValleyKids
 
Up next we have...
 
Shellie of Kenkayla Designs
 
How did you get started?
I got started with "Kenkayla Designs" when I became a stay at home mom almost 2 1/2 years ago. I wanted to make my kids all those cute boutique style clothes as well as upcycle old things into new things for them. The first thing I ever made was turning my step-dads' shirt into a romper for my son.

 
What inspires you?
My children inspire me. They love to see my finished products, hearing the oohhs and the aahhs. It makes me feel good that they ask me to make them specific things. 
 
 

I am self taught sewer even though my mother and grandmother have sewn as long as I can remember. 

 
 
 
Thank you so much for letting us get to know you! See more from Kenkayla Designs by visiting Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/kenkayladesigns
 
Up next we have...
 
 
How did you get started?
I got started in 2008 when my daughter was 8 months old.  I started buying hair bows from a friend of a friend.  My mom had mention to me that I could make hair bows myself and I thought that was a good idea and it would give me something to do while I am a stay at home mom.  So I continue to make hair bows and sew for customers and friends. 
 

What inspires you?
I think what inspires me would have to be my friends and fans that order from me.  My daughter is 5 years old and she only likes to wear headbands with bows on them.  I enjoy making new bows with different prints and adding new things to a simple bow.

 
I am a military spouse with three beautiful children.  My husband and I are originally from the island of Oahu and we've moved three times.  I would like to say that I am a ribbon and fabric fanatic....I can't get enough of it!
 
 
 
Thank you so much for letting us get to know you! See more from Traveling Seams Bowtique by visiting Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Traveling-Seams-Bowtique/109331429886
 
Up next we have....
 
 
Jennifer of Makings for Myah
 
I sewed in my teens and early 20s and then took a long break. I started sewing again because I love boutique clothing for my daughter and could not spend a lot of money.  I decided that I could make them myself.



I am inspired by the challenge of trying new things and being creative with new pattern designs.


 


I aim to please and want to offer the best quality possible at an affordable price.

 
 
 

Thank you so much for letting us get to know you! See more from Makings for Myah by visiting Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/MakingsforMyah

A special thanks to all of our fans! You have been there to support us and have allowed us to grow and welcome some great talent to our BCA team. So a big welcome to our new designers and a big thank you to all of our fans!

If you are interested in joining the BCA team, please contact us at boutiquechallengeauctions@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment